Dr. Colgin was first introduced to Chiropractic when he was 15
years old. He was trying out for the wrestling team at Serra High
School and had been experiencing sporadic back pain. Some family
friends who were bodybuilders, suggested that he look into
Chiropractic. They referred him to a local Chiropractor and after his first
adjustment, he was amazed at how much better he felt. At an early age,
Dr. Colgin realized just how important Chiropractic is for his body. So
much so, that he sacrificed his afternoons and would commute by bus
from San Mateo to San Carlos, three times per week, for an adjustment.
At the age of 17, Dr. Colgin realized that he wanted to help people
Colgin's mission is "to help as many people as possible so they, in turn, can educate others about this
wonderful profession". He would like to see others benefit as much as
he has through Chiropractic.
After working as an independent contractor in the Burlingame area
for six years, Dr. Colgin branched out in 2002, with the opening
of his own clinic, Colgin Chiropractic in Foster City. Dr. Colgin's office is a
1400 square foot, full service Chiropractic office that focuses on state of the art pain relieving therapies and treatments that include a Complete Peripheral Neuropathy Treatment Program, Class 4 Deep Tissue Laser Therapy and Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression for Neck and Lower Back Disc Injuries.
Dr. Colgin consults patients on nutrition, weight management, metabolic disorders and lectures regularly to the local communities and corporations.
A native of Honolulu, Hawaii, Dr. Colgin has spent most of his life in the Bay Area. He currently resides in Burlingame with his wife Sandi.
- 1996 - Palmer College of Chiropractic West
Doctorate of Chiropractic
- 1992 - College of San Mateo
Associate of Arts
- 1989 - Serra High School
High School Diploma
- May 2002 to present: Private Practice Foster City, California.
- 1999: Independent Contractor in satellite Chiropractic Office, Santa Clara, California.
- 1998 to 2012: On-site Chiropractor for Electronic Arts, Redwood Shores, California.
- 1998 - 2002: Independent Contractor in Chiropractic Office, Burlingame, California.
- 1996 - 1998: Chiropractic preceptorship under Dr. Thomas Ferrigno, DC., Burlingame, California.
Licensures & Certifications
- US National Board Certified; Chiropractic
- California State Chiropractic License
Associations & Memberships
- California Chiropractic Association
- President for the San Mateo County District of the California Chiropractic Association 2003-2005
- Active Member of The Neuropathy Treatment Centers of America, NeuroTCA
- Clinical Consultant for Precision Biometrics/ Myovision 2005-2007
- Member of the Foster City Lions Club 2004-2012
- Member of the Peninsula Special Interest Lions Club 2012 to current